Dr. Shawn Postma is a Naturopathic Doctor and Spiritual Mentor. And I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to bask in the presence of his innate wisdom.
While working on an Alaskan fishing vessel, Shawn was hit with carpel tunnel and after surgery it was taking months and months to heal. After seeking help with no success from conventional doctors, he decided to visit a naturopathic doctor. The doctor’s crazy advice: No more gluten and no more dairy. It worked.
In this podcast, Dr. Postma shares techniques, strategies and a tool called the Four Directions that we can use to navigate the stresses of modern life. Whether you’re interested in starting a business, finding a vision for yourself, or simply stuck, I think you will find it helpful.
We discuss visionaries, healers, teachers, and what it really means to be a warrior.
He teaches us that everything is interconnected, and we must slow down to be able to listen.
In his own words:
“I believe that medicine is more than just medicating pain or getting rid of anxiety. Health is also about finding our voice, cultivating love, healing our heart, belonging to a community, creating art, connecting with nature, and listening to our inner genius.”
THINGS WE MENTION
- What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
- The Philosophy of naturopathic medicine.
- How our digestion can influence the way that we think
- Diaphragmatic Breathing Techniques
- The Four Directions
- The East: The visionary
- The South: The healer
- The West: The Warrior
- The North: The Teacher
- The Warrior Meditation Technique (30:00)
- Brene Brown on Vulnerability
- Michael Meade – Mosaic Voices
- The Power of Forgiveness
- His Tips for Reconnection:
- Practice Gratitude
- Mindfulness: Meditation, Fasting
- See Life in All Things: Trees, animals, plants.