What was supposed to be a 30 second soundcheck turned into an hour conversation.
And so a Podcast was born!
Kay Way is the founder of Baldacious Beings, a social community that promotes a state of confidence and happiness for Alopecians. No hair, don’t care.
She’s also my sister!
Entering her freshmen in college, her immune system decided that hair was the enemy. Kay began rapidly losing her hair until none remained.
We discuss her journey from hiding underneath a wig, to embracing her baldacious being and sharing it with the world.
Her journey to accepting herself is one that all of us, with or without hair, can learn and draw inspiration from. In her words:
“Breaking out of the social norms of our society is only going to make it harder to put shackles on me again.” -Kay Way
Topics We Cover:
- What is Alopecia ?— (03:20)
- A time Kay took the role of a teacher — (04:20)
- The turning point for Kay, when she ditched the wig and became fully who she is — (07:06)
- How Kay’s alopecia got her front row at a Black Keys concert — (18:40)
- A common projection people place on her for being bald — (26:06)
- Her most influential guide when she was losing her hair, and what they shared with her — (30:11)
- An obvious fact she sees in her life, that the rest of world overlooks — (42:30)
- The three truths Kay offers to the world: Communication. Compassion. Reflection — (46:27)
- The Hermann Hesse quote:
“Wisdom is not communicable. The wisdom which a wise man tries to communicate always sounds foolish… Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.” — Hermann Hesse
•And much more!
Follow Kay and the Baldacious Beings!
Did you enjoy the Podcast? Share it with your friends, and let’s continue the conversation!
Intro music sampled from Love not money (feat. Solo Banton & Sam) by Volfoniq is licensed under a Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 France License